On the first Monday of every month, I create a few writing prompts to help you get writing! You’ll see them here each month and on Instagram @thelexiconwritingblog every Monday.
Happy August! There are five Monday’s in August which means…five writing prompts! Can you believe summer is almost over? It went by so fast!!
Here we go!
- Write about a “what if” summer experience. What if you had gone to camp? What if you had kissed the boy? What if you had followed the twinkling lights down the path?
- Write about a day in the life of a desert. Pick your desert and go! Make it interesting and captivating, as much as you can.
- Write a poem about your summer to-do list. Make every other line rhyme.
- Write a story including the words “sunshine”, “thunder”, and “snow”.
- “The last day of summer is magic, my mother always told me. I just didn’t understand how much until the magic last day of summer totally changed my life.”
Get outside and enjoy the rest of summer…and maybe spend some time writing outside before temps drop in the fall!