On the first Monday of every month, I create a few writing prompts to help you get writing! You’ll see them here each month and on Instagram @thelexiconwritingblog every Monday.
Happy October! There are five Monday’s in October which means…five writing prompts! Fall is officially in the air here in Oregon. There’s rain, there are leaves changing color, and finally, finally, finally there are temperatures below 65 degrees. It’s paradise folks.
Here we go!
- Write the story of the marketing professional who created “fall”. How did pumpkin spice become such a big deal? You write the story.
- *Challenge Prompt* Write the story of the creation of the seasons. Create your own legend or myth describing how the seasons came to be.
- Do a bit of research on the history of Halloween. Write the story of a character related to the history of the holiday.
- Write the story of a family celebrating the Day of the Dead. Include lots of family history.
- Write the story of the costume you would wear if people truly saw you as you are.
I hope inspiration finds you wherever you are. 🙂