On the first Monday of every month, I create a few writing prompts to help you get writing! You’ll see them here each month and on Instagram @thelexiconwritingblog every Monday.
Happy January! And Happy 2017! I don’t know about you but I am so ready for a new year. New goals, new stories to write, and new adventures! There are five Monday’s in January this year, so here are five writing prompts!
Here we go!
- Write the story of you achieving your biggest new year’s resolution or goal.
- Use the following word prompt to create a short story: January’s Gem
- Write a poem about the icy winter, using as many words for ice, snow, and dark as you can.
- Write a story including the words “ice”, “starry night”, and “candy canes”.
- Just when you thought it wouldn’t get any worse, your best friend…
Let’s start the year off right and write a short story a week this week! Use these prompts or any others you like.