On the first Monday of every month, I create a few writing prompts to help you get writing! You’ll see them here each month and on Instagram @thelexiconwritingblog every Monday.
The first full week of NaNoWriMo is done! Instead of the usual monthly writing prompts, I’ll just include a few prompts here to get your writing juices flowing.
Ready for some writing prompts? Here we go!
- Write a dream sequence depicting your main character’s secret desire.
- Describe a good memory from your villain’s childhood.
- Describe a bad memory from your villain’s childhood.
- Describe the worst experience your main character had.
- Write a minor character’s history and backstory.
If you’re lacking ideas of what to write or need to get your word count for the day, I’m sure these will help!