On the first Monday of every month, I create a few writing prompts to help you get writing! You’ll see them here each month and on Instagram @thelexiconwritingblog every Monday.
Happy October and Happy Fall! It’s officially the start of my favorite time of year! Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas…I love it all! There are five Monday’s in October which means…five writing prompts! Don’t worry, you fellow fall lovers. These writing prompts are all about fall, Halloween, and everything Pumpkin!
Ready for some writing prompts? Here we go!
- Write the origin story of the Great Pumpkin from Charlie Brown.
- Describe a Pumpkin Spice Latte without using the words pumpkin or spice.
- A good witch is planning a perfect Halloween for the neighborhood children. Write the story of her Halloween.
- You wake up on Halloween morning and step into your bathroom. There on your mirror is your name, written in blood.
- Describe your perfect Halloween costume, why you’d pick it, and how it reflects who you are.
Enjoy the fall season while it’s here. Can you believe Halloween is nearly here??