On the first Monday of every month, I create a few writing prompts to help you get writing! You’ll see them here each month and on Instagram @thelexiconwritingblog every Monday.
July is here and that means summer! My husband and I, along with some of our best friends took a trip to Southern Oregon a few weeks ago for a bit of relax time and it was so rejuvenating and inspiring. This month’s writing prompts are inspired by summer travel.
To facilitate that, here are five new writing prompts for you to get writing this month! Make like Ray Bradbury and write a short story a week!
Here we go!
- You are the janitor at the airport. Each night you find abandoned possessions. Write the story of the janitor and the possessions he finds.
- Fictionalize your favorite travel memory. Make it as humorous as possible.
- Spend twenty minutes writing about how a suitcase gets from Point A to Point B. This can be as realistic or as fictional as you’d like.
- Pick a country. Write the story of someone traveling there for the first time.
- Write a historical fiction short story of traveling from one location to another. Pick your locations and get writing!
Get writing friends! Enjoy the spare time of summer and fine tune your skills.